Sunday, July 11, 2010

Today Is Weird

A lot has been going on around here. One--I broke my foot and Im crazy bored. Thank God I get to go back to work Wednesday. Two-Our other roommate, Alvaro, got deported on Friday. He was in jail for DUI and after his court appearance he was taken away by immigration and headed to Louisiana for the first boat back to El Salvador.

I dont want to step on any toes, but I am going to say how I feel about this. I like Alvaro. Really, I do. But what did he and everyone else expect? He was ILLEGAL. I watched all this go down with a very non-upset heart. He shouldnt have been drinking and driving either. This trouble was the result of his own making. He was supposedly planning to home in December, so--what the hell--he goes a few months early and gets a free trip to boot.

But Lester is down and out about it. He says he isnt but he is. Also, there is something else wrong. I cant put my finger on it, but something else is going on. He isnt talking. He was yesterday but he isnt today. I have tried all day to hold a conversation but he isnt participating.

He is also worried because of the lost rent. A big total of $150.00 a month. I mean, COME on! If $150.00 bucks is going to break you maybe you were living a little too close to the edge. And why have I been paying twice that much? No wonder he likes me. He is talking of selling chickens, horses, dogs. Crazy as hell. When he said something about the dogs I had to bite my tongue to remind him that I buy all their food. I take care of the dogs, he doesnt. But from his mood, it may not have been a good idea. I may still do it if things dont lighten up. There is only so much of this cry baby shit I can take.

I think the best thing for me to do is stay in my end of the house and leave him the hell alone until this storm in his brain blows over.

Another example of how men make my eye twitch sometimes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there Lynnbug, we're all pulling for you!!!!