Monday, August 24, 2009

Menopause Did It To Me

Ever since I hit 47 my desire for sex has been gone. TOTALLY gone! I was kind of worried about it but Im not anymore. I think there are things that can be done about it but I havent pursued any of it. I just no longer care at all about anything remotely to do with sex. I think it is menopause, but it might be because of menopause and the fact that during my lifetime I have had enough sex for 10 people. I was a real whore when I was younger. Im not proud of it, but I was.

We were talking about dating and sex in the breakroom at work. First of all, I still have no idea why when a group of people get together the conversation turns to this topic. Some things are just better left unsaid, especially in the break room at work. This may not have happened a lot to other people but it happens to me all the time. I think the reason it does is because I am very vocal about not caring if I ever have sex again and that surprises a lot of people, especially other single women.

The topic had worked it's way around to how often do you think is enough for sex? And how long? Really. That was it. People ranged from twice a week to everyday, from 30 minutes to five hours. FIVE hours! Gimme a break! FIVE HOURS? Not on a good day! Something is wrong with you if you have to have sex for 5 hours and you want me to believe that you like that! I just would not do that. Nor would I have sex everyday. Twice a month is enough for anybody.

I mean, who in their right mind wants someone all over them pounding away for five hours? Really? And I dont care how good it is! Nothing is that good for five hours. NOTHING! Not even ice cream. If you cant get it done in 30 minutes to an hour, then you got to get up off me and get out of my house never to return again. NEVER, EVER.

For the record, I would like to date again. I like the companionship and sometimes every once in a blue moon I get lonely. But dating someone would eventually mean having sex. And I dont want sex. I have lived long enough to be able to say I dont want sex and not feel guilty about it. So I guess I wont be dating for awhile. Because not only do I not want sex, I dont care that I dont want sex.

1 comment:

Linda said...

Ha ha. Right there with you on this one,Lynn! And I'm SURE that it has something to do with menopause..all those hormonal changes have just made me say "nah".Now, since I AM married, and love husband very much, I comply when he initiates. But I just can't see myself ever being the one to "get things started". I would much rather have him scratch my back, or rub my feet.
I truly believe that it's just one of those things that comes with age.And it's okay with me. :-)