Sunday, August 10, 2008

Funny Epitaphs

Sir John Strange; Here lies an honest lawyer, And that is Strange.-- Tombstone in England


I was somebody. Who, is no business Of yours.-- Vermont


As the flowers are all made sweeter by the sunshine and the dew, So this old world is made brighter by the lives Of folks like you.-- Bonnie Parker (Bonnie and Clyde)


Here lies Lester Moore; Four slugs from a .44; No Les No More.-- Tombstone Arizona


John Brown is filling his last cavity.-- Dentist's Tombstone


I told you that I was sick!-- Georgia Cemetary, USA


Here lies the body of Jonathan Blake; Stepped on the gas instead of the brake.-- Pennsylvania Tombstone, USA


Remember man, as you walk by, As you are now, so once was I, As I am now, so shall you be, Remember this and follow me.-- Tombstone in England


To follow you I'll not consent, Until I know which way you went.-- Written on the tombstone in reply to one above


The children of Israel wanted bread, And the Lord sent them manna, Old clerk Wallace wanted a wife, And the Devil sent him Anna.-- England Tombstone


Under the sod and under the trees, Lies the body of Jonathan Pease. He is not here, there's only the pod; Pease shelled out and went to God.-- Massachusetts Tombstone


Gone away, Owin' more than he could pay.-- England


Alien tears will fill for him; Pity's long-broken ern. For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn.-- Oscar Wilde's Tombstone

No comments: