Sunday, August 10, 2008

The Olympics

I hate the Olympics. Yep. I do. I hate that they take up all the TV time and I miss my favorite shows. I do not see what the big deal is. I hate the hype, the politics and already there has been violence and someone is dead. But they say the violence was random--and I say so what? SOMEONE IS DEAD. It doesnt matter how random it was.

I flipped through the the channel the other night and it was opening ceremonies. I must have missed something because I was bored out of my gourd. It was 2 hours into it and the countries were coming into the bird's nest arena. (Which it does look like a bird's nest and I dont think it is particularily awesome like everyone else.) Some of these countries I never heard of. It was moving at a snail's pace. The announcers were sounding so excited by it all. The next day my boss was raving about how wonderful and great and beautiful it all was. Yeah--I must have missed something.

What I missed was my regular TV shows! I HATE THAT!

Show the Olympics but show them on the news. That is how I feel about it. Just show some snips during the sports portion of the news. Let me know who won what and if someone broke a record you could show that. That is enough for me.

Then there is always after the Olympics--someone will have been caught doping on steroids. Usually it is the athlete that screams the loudest about how against doping they are. This will make me hate the Olympics worse. I cant wait. I think I heard something already about this special bathing suit NASA designed that allows you to swim faster. They are calling it technological doping. Good God! Gimmie a break!

I know I probably will be in the monority here--but yeah--I hate the Olympics.

But I will be watching the USA and China Basketball game today. Some of it anyway. My boss loves it and I like basketball okay. I will pretend I am watching the NBA.

No comments: