Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Im a Cheap Slut

Have I ever mentioned my love for a good bargain? I love to go to yard sales and thrift stores. I love rumaging through things I dont want to find things I do want. Sometimes I dont find anything and walk away empty handed. Then there are the times that I find something I really love.

I am into retro furnishings big time. Pictures, furniture, what nots--anything that I can find. I never outgrew the 60's and 70's. When I get something from those times it reminds me of my childhood.

Yesterday I went to the thrift store in Alabaster near where I live. It has a HUGE store full of stuff that I need and want. Not to mention I am helping the battered women and children when I buy something from there. The fun of this thrift store is there is a price on the object but it isnt usually the real price. For instance, I bought to dishes that were old but still pretty. The price on the back of each was a 1.49. It had a blue tag which meant it was 70% off that price. I paid .44 cents for each of those plates! You cant beat that with a stick!

I bought 2 pair of dress pants, 2 blouses, 2 plates, 2 snow globes and a pair of Rockport shoes. I spent a total of $18.76. Everything was in good shape and pratically new.

I had such a good time! Being a cheap slut pays off most of the time.


************************************************************************************

Last night a doe came up in my yard just off the edge of my patio. She was really pretty. Lucky wanted to eat her sooooo bad! She threw another fit.

I have deer coming all the time now. Its cooler outside so they are m oving around. Plus they want the watermelon, apples, nuts and other goodies I have been putting out for them. The only problem is that Lucky expects them every night and if they dont come, she starts whinning around 2:00 am and I have to let her out so she can look a little closer and make sure she hasnt missed them. It pretty much interrupts my sleep every night. A small price to pay I think.

************************************************************************************

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You may think of yourself as a cheap slut - but one day you'll find something for $2.50 and a month later you'll be on the Antique Roadshow with the ugliest table center piece worth $24,000 - the people stuff find in thrift store or garage sales and take on that show are unreal.

You should come to Utah and go to the Swap Meet with my mom. Regardless if she needs it - she has to touch in and go through every item, with the exception of clothes thank God, she always takes me so I can carry her stuff as she rummages through it all. It's entertaining though..

Lynnbug said...

I love it! I wish I had more time to go more than I do!

Linda said...

You are cheap, but not easy-right?
I totally agree that one mans junk is another ones treasure.A lot of people (including myself)have donated stuff that just didn't "fit in" anymore. Some of it I could kick myself for now...
Last Christmas, I became obsessed with the old time Christmas ornaments that we had on the tree when I was a kid. Do you know the ones? I had a freakin' buttload of those from my Mom, and about 10 years donated them to the Salvation Army because I had no use for them. G.a.v.e t.h.e.m a.w.a.y!!
I spent lots of my monies last year buying them off ebay and from local antique stores. Hell, I probably bought some of the ones I gave away!!!
Bruce has always been one to buy used clothes.Well, not since I've known him, but he used to go to a store that sold "previously loved clothing". He's cheap, and he's easy! HA HA