Saturday, March 7, 2009

There May Be Another Change Around The Corner For Me

I have a job interview Monday morning at 8:30! It is with Ebsco Industries and it is considered a very good company to work for. This came out of the blue. I had applied with them online back in November and had forgotten about it. The lady called Wednesday and did a phone interview and then called back on Thursday and set up the interview for Monday.

I will have to go talk to their HR department and take a typing test and aptitude test. Kinda nerve racking if you ask me. But I think I can get through that part. After that I have to go interview with the customer service managers. I am up against five other people so wish me luck. This could mean I wont have to work but one job. But, if Walmart is receptive, I would stay there with drastically reduced hours, say like 15-20 hours a week. Im not sure if I would do that but I might.

I gotta go buy something to interview in. My business wardrobe is slim to none. I havent had to work in an office setting of this type in a long time. So what I have is old. I think I would feel more confident if I looked cute and fresh and new. Im not talking about anything grand, just something better than what is hanging in my closet. Im pretty sure that this place is a business casual type of dress.

So wish me luck everyone. Im trying not to get my hopes up. It will not be the end of the world if I dont get it, but it would be nice to be able to make more money and be a little less stretched on my time. The 16 hour a day thing is getting to me and it is also getting to everyone around me.

1 comment:

Linda said...

I will keep my fingers crossed for you!
I CANNOT imagine how you are doing
hour days. You have got to be exhausted!

Good Luck!!!