Thursday, November 26, 2009

That Time Of Year

Yes, it is that time of year for me to look at all the things I am thankful for. There are so many. This year has seen many changes and all of them have been blessings, some blessings were obvious and some were not. It has been a good year for me.

The things that come to mind all at once are:

1. My Momma. She is my rock and I am so glad she is still with me and I have had the time I have had with her. Regardless of how old I get, she remains my Mother and she teaches me new things every day. I can tell her anything and I always find in her the comfort and support I need. I hope I have many more years with her.

2. Denise. What can I say? She is absolutely the best! We share our lives long distance on the phone and computer. We have an unconditional friendship and it seems as if I have been in her life forever. I wouldnt take anything for her and I know that the day we are face to face it will be just like we have always been together living close by hitting the dollar stores and having margaritas on the porch on a daily basis. I love her.

3. I am grateful to be able to face each day and appreciate the beauty around me. There have been times in my life where that was not possible and I am so happy those days do not exist anymore.

4. My job--it is Walmart and it is tough. Some days seem so long and I dont even know if I can get through them. But so many people are not fortunate enough to have a job and I know how blessed I am to be able to work and make a living. The friends I have made through my job at Walmart are priceless and I wouldnt take anything for them. There are some really, really good people working in the store I work at. We can laugh at ourselves and we do so everyday.

5. My health. Some days are better than others. Fighting Diabetes and Depression isnt always easy. I dont intend to let either win the battle and right now things are good. It just takes dedication to do the things I need to do. Overall I feel better than I have for some time.

6. I am grateful that Lucky has only killed one chicken since moving in with Lester. She didnt mean to kill that one, she just wanted to play.

7. Lester--I am so grateful for him. His friendship is so important to me. We are like two peas in a pod and we enjoy hanging out. We laugh and we talk and we are great companions. I just love him and I never thought I would meet someone who made me feel so safe and secure. I believe Lester would do anything for me and I would do the same for him. For instance, just this morning I lovingly removed the callouses from his feet. I mean, thats pretty great of me dont you think?

8. I sleep through the night now. This is like awesome! I know the reason I do it is because I do feel safe and secure and I dont worry like I used to.

9. Kenzy and Owen. These two own my heart and watching them grow up is a continuous and fascinating journey through their eyes. They started school and since that time they have really grown up. They go to a Christian school and I asked Kenzy the other day what she was learning in school and she said- "I learn about him." Do you mean Jesus Kenzy? "No! That is JESUS, I learn about HIM!" I think she thinks it is two different people! Whatever! LOL! They are also learning their numbers and letters and how to be in a controlled environment so that when they start kindergarten they will understand how to act. Maybe they will learn how to act. LOL!

10. I am also grateful that we live in a country where we have the freedoms we have. This is a great country and despite the fact there are areas of improvement, I know we live in a special place where we can enjoy freedoms that other countries cannot. God Bless America!

I hope everyone had a safe and Happy Thanksgiving. Hug your friends and family today and tell them you love them. To all the troops out there fighting for us--be safe and come home soon!

No comments: