Monday, December 21, 2009

Deck The Halls

December is such a hectic month. It has to be the toughest month for those of us working in retail. It is getting to that time where shoppers are getting desperate and in such a hurry. Time is running out, or so they think.

I guess I am either getting old or I just have came to believe that Christmas is so much more than what is under the tree. I am really looking forward to Christmas day this year. I am staying home and we are going to hook Rosie to the wagon and others are going to ride horses and we are going to take a trip to downtown and all around. We plan to stay out of the kitchen and just enjoy each others company and be happy we have what we have. I know when people see this group us they will have to smile. I will be smiling that is for sure because this is something I have never done and it will be simple and fun. I dont want my Christmas to be spent focusing on making everything perfect and then having that downward spiral I have felt in the past hit me because after weeks of preparation it is over in a few short hours.

I look back over this past year and things have changed so much. Last year I went to mothers and came home after dinner and crawled into bed early and felt very lonely in that house with no one but me. Really pitiful, that is what I was. This year is different. I have friends and people who love and care about me all around. I am as important to them as they are to me. I will still see Mother and spend time with her only it will be a couple days after Christmas. She is very understanding about it because she knows how hard I have been working these past weeks and knows I just need a break. Mother and I are planning to go out to eat when I see her and not be in the kitchen either. Screw the kitchen this year! It just isnt worth it. It is toooo much work!

I hope everyone has a great Christmas and I hope you all have a lot of fun and enjoy the time you spend with your family.

No comments: