I am settling down in my new place. There is a lot to be learned when you live around animals and have to take care of them. I have a list. I love lists.
1. Chickens will eat anything. Even chicken.
2. Horses love to eat sweet oats. They will run over you to get to the oats.
3. Gofer rats love chicken feed. I know this because we may have to burn the chicken house to get rid of them. Shotguns work but they dont kill but one at time. We have too many to count.
4. A gopher rat can kill a small chicken.
5. Since I hate rats, the gopher rats make me have nightmares.
6. I can live easily with 2 men. Why havent I done this before now?
7. Lester can eat 4 BLT's with chips on the side in one meal. With 4 pieces of bacon to a sandwich you would need a little over a pound of bacon for Lester alone.
8. Hispanic TV is not fun to watch for me.
9. Roosters crow all day long. Sunrise is just the beginning.
10. You must wave to everyone you see when driving down the road in my small town or they think you are rude.
These are just a few things I have learned. Everyday is a new beginning. Oh--one more thing--Lucky has learned a miniature horse will kick her ass if she tries to take it's food. She also has learned a miniature horse is not just another big dog.